What are Solar PV panels?
Solar PV (photovoltaic) panels are used to convert the Sun's energy in to DC electricity. This is then converted to AC electricity by a solar inverter for use in the property. Any excess (unused) electricity feeds back to the grid for use by other consumers elsewhere.
The government has made it possible to install solar panels by making the electricity companies pay you for all the electricity generated by your solar panels. You will be paid whether you use all the electricity yourself or export it back to the grid.
Why fit solar PV?
Having solar PV panels installed on your roof will reduce your electricty bill, as an MCS accredited company solar systems installed by us will qualify for the new government Guaranteed Export Tariff whereby all electricity exported to the grid is paid for by your electricity supplier. Thus helping to pay for the system installation cost.
Is my property suitable?
Solar PV panels can be retro fitted to most roofs and providing your house is not listed and not in an area of outstanding natural beauty, you don't need planning permission either.
Why should I install solar panels?
- Your electricity bill will be reduced
- The annual price rise by the utility companies will not affect you as much as others
- You are helping to reduce carbon emmisions and thus helping the environment
- Your property will be worth more and be easier to sell
How do I get solar panels?
If you would like solar panels fitted please call us on 01925 790 860 to speak to us. We will then arrange a suitable time to come out and do a free survey of your property. Afterwards we will provide you with a quotation based on what we find and what you require. We don't do hard sells, nor will we ask you to sign on the dotted line whilst we are with you.
How long does it take?
Normally fitting takes one day, however this can move to two days if we experience any problems during day one.
Will you install over the weekend?
We are happy to do the install over the weekend if that makes it easier for you.
1. Property must meet band D or above criteria of EPC (Energy Performance Certificate).
2. The performance of solar PV systems is impossible to predict with certainty due to the variability in the amount of solar radiation (sunlight) from location to location and from year to year. This estimate is based upon the standard MCS procedure is given as guidance only. It should not be considered as a guarantee of performance.